GDPR, Facebook(FB) – Data protection & Business as Usual, will it be possible? How will Facebook allow billions of users to access data that has been ‘Protected’? By protected I am assuming they mean ‘Encrypted’. All of us Facebook users want to find things and view them in their unencrypted form, we won’t settle for less; Facebook’s dilemma is to find the requested information that is encrypted in its ecosystem and quickly decrypt it for a single user. The task seems incredibly complex and perhaps many individuals just can’t imagine Facebook being able to do it. The difficulty in accessing encrypted data for normal user/customer activities might be why 19% of EU companies feel they will never be GDPR compliant.
We at BigDataRevealed have planned for this exact scenario over the past several years and feel confident we have the technology to keep up with the Facebooks as well as non social media businesses of the world; but perhaps more quickly and cost effectively.
The integration and co-existence of GDPR and any ongoing business may include the following;
- Encryption of all personal data consisting of data, images (Biometric) and other forms of data
- Storage of the decryption keys in a location secure from hackers
- Allowing Users/Customers to enter their identification information as they always have
- Encrypting that information to create keys that can be used to access encrypted data found in
your data ecosystem. After all the ecosystem keys will also be encrypted.
- Decrypt all the data found so that the user/customer can view or read the information.
- Present the decrypted data to the user/customer as you always have in the past.
We have the technology and APIs ready for you to build a real GDPR solution without rewriting all your applications, so you do not need to choose between leaving Customers Data Unprotected or inaccessible.
Contact us at 847-440-4439
#GDPR #Facebook #Data #Privacy #Protection #PII #Data Protection #AWS #AWS S3 #Azure #Hadoop #Apache